Skip to main content

Dick's Sporting Goods Gun Regulation

Gun control has been a hot topic debate lately due to the recent events that have been happening all over the country. No political actions have taken place despite the massive outcry for it. I personally like using firearms and I own a shotgun that I have used to hunt with for three years now. I applied for my FOID card before getting a gun and I took a hunter safety education course before I was able to hunt. Owning guns comes great responsibility, you need a safe to keep your gun locked away, store the ammunition in a separate place, and keep the gun unloaded when it is stored. Those are just some safety tips that every gun owner should follow. The point I'm trying to make here is that there are some people that deserve to be able to own guns and then there are people who aren't responsible enough to own guns. clearly the United States hasn't figured out that balance yet as we wouldn't have mass shootings if there was balance. Dick's Sporting Goods has taken gun reform into their own hands. In all their stores they have stopped selling assault style rifles completely. They also have prevented the sale of firearms to all under the age of 21. There has been some controversy on the age restriction, but handguns were already restricted to the age of 21 so I don't see the problem. They have also urged lawmakers to create a more extensive background check that includes mental scanning and to make a unified database of banned people. As a gun owner I have no problem with Dick's new regulations. I would be perfectly fine with going through the extra steps when buying a firearm if it meant that the wrong people couldn't buy firearms. 


Here is a link to an article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/business/dicks-major-gun-retailer-will-stop-selling-assault-style-rifles.html

Comments

  1. You are a fine example, and we can only hope that more gun owners are as (or become) as responsible as you are, Tim. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection Post

Dear Past Self, You may think that your writing skills are awful and the scores on your high school AP tests and your ACT seems to reflect that. I know no one has helped you improve your writing or actually taught you something worth while to make you a better writer. You just have to wait for college because you will have some incredible professors and a writing center that will expand your knowledge of writing far beyond you ever thought was capable. You will take college writing 1 and 2 with Mark Letcher. he will teach  you a wide variety of writing styles. You will learn how to efficiently organize your outlines and turn them into valuable drafts ready for revising. You will understand the importance of revision and sharing your work to be critiqued even if you don't like it. These two classes will expand what you thought writing was and it will make writing the never ending amounts of papers seem relatively easy for you. To make a comparison  to what this will be ...
Reading published reviews I have read some published reviews about the documentary of Icarus off of IMDB. There were a decent amount of similarities I found in others reviews. A lot of the reviews commented on the dual narrative aspect of the the film. One being Bryan’s story the next and more impacting story being Grigory’s. One review agreed with Grigory’s story carrying more weight as it was actually life threatening for him. There was an immense amount of paranoia and fear that Grigory had to face in his journey. In addition a lot of the reviews mention the documentary as one of the best ones out there as that is why it earned 8 out of 10 stars on IMDB. Some of the differences I have found is that a lot of people disliked the start of the documentary. They didn’t like Bryan Fogol’s quest to figure out if doping would actually improve his performance. Some were saying his story was egotistical and that they didn’t want to see a privileged guy go out and experiment doping to go out a...

Interrogation

Interrogations Interrogations have been predominantly done the same way for decades now. We see on popular television shows and movies how they interrogate suspects with all these different methods to create drama. However, they all generally get their ideas from a popular method called the Reid technique. Interrogations aren’t that simple though there is a lot that is at stake. One wrong move in the interrogation room can decide that case. Rules and regulations need to be followed when interrogating suspects. In high profile crime cases you can be dealing with someone’s life if you are trying to through them in jail for life. It should be the main priority to get the right person, and serve justice rather than get a confession out of someone. The Reid technique is pretty simplistic when you break it down. First you start off with behavioral analysis interview. You ask the person a number of questions, and many of the questions are neutral, and then you ask them some loaded question...