As we begin to work on our next project of the narrative stories I want to take some time to reflect on our last group project/presentation. I particularly don't like group projects as you always seem to get that person that doesn't do their end of the bargain. I feel as if that stereotype is exactly what it is just a looming stereotype that gives group projects a bad reputation. Since I have been at Lewis for three years now I can't seem to remember a time where I had to do a group project where someone hasn't done their part of the work. Maybe I have been extremely lucky with my groups that I have worked with. I'm starting to think it is more of a maturity thing because I can certainly remember group projects in high school where I did most, if not all the work in them. At a college level I feel people are more responsible for their effort in the class. There could be exterior motives involved like students caring about their education, the amount of money they are paying for their education, or simply no one wants to be labeled as that guy/girl who doesn't do their work. Overall I think our group projects in our class went really well. Everyone seemed to show up to the table and do their part of the work. I'd certainly be comfortable doing more group projects in this class. The one thing I like about them is that you don't have to do all the work. It is also easier presenting when you aren't in front of the class all by yourself. I'm excited to move onto the narrative writing assignment and whatever comes next in the class.
Dear Past Self, You may think that your writing skills are awful and the scores on your high school AP tests and your ACT seems to reflect that. I know no one has helped you improve your writing or actually taught you something worth while to make you a better writer. You just have to wait for college because you will have some incredible professors and a writing center that will expand your knowledge of writing far beyond you ever thought was capable. You will take college writing 1 and 2 with Mark Letcher. he will teach you a wide variety of writing styles. You will learn how to efficiently organize your outlines and turn them into valuable drafts ready for revising. You will understand the importance of revision and sharing your work to be critiqued even if you don't like it. These two classes will expand what you thought writing was and it will make writing the never ending amounts of papers seem relatively easy for you. To make a comparison to what this will be ...
Comments
Post a Comment