Today I just got accepted into my internship with the Illinois State Police for this summer semester. I will be interning at their district 5 station down the road on route 53 from Lewis. I will have to do about 210 hours to complete the internship with them. I'm really excited to try this new experience and be about to learn so much about the field of law enforcement. I believe it mostly consists of ride alongs, but I hope I get to move around to different departments and see what the state has to offer. I would be most interested in seeing their K-9 units and their cyber security department.
Dear Past Self, You may think that your writing skills are awful and the scores on your high school AP tests and your ACT seems to reflect that. I know no one has helped you improve your writing or actually taught you something worth while to make you a better writer. You just have to wait for college because you will have some incredible professors and a writing center that will expand your knowledge of writing far beyond you ever thought was capable. You will take college writing 1 and 2 with Mark Letcher. he will teach you a wide variety of writing styles. You will learn how to efficiently organize your outlines and turn them into valuable drafts ready for revising. You will understand the importance of revision and sharing your work to be critiqued even if you don't like it. These two classes will expand what you thought writing was and it will make writing the never ending amounts of papers seem relatively easy for you. To make a comparison to what this will be ...
Comments
Post a Comment